Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New Figures



Figure Leaning


Figure With Pink


Figure With Red



Here are three recent figure paintings. They're 16x20 Acrylic on Canvas. I have always been drawn to figurative work, especially the single figure. I believe this stems from being trained classically and loving anatomy (the way we're orchestrated absolutely amazes me). Most of my figures are drawn from an observation of memory. This allows for a certain rawness which for me is closer to reality than painting "realistic" features. There are marks from the beginning that are left in the end as a sort of road map. It is the search during the process which I find most exciting and frustrating. This is why I make art.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

from memory? that's quite an accomplishment - you have some great skills, no doubt the result of hard work. i also enjoy the mixing of figurative and abstract elements in what I do, but your stuff, is way out of my league for the moment :) i can't get enough of it... just fantastic!